Mitchell was admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia in 2016 and practices in Active Law’s bodies corporate and commercial litigation/dispute resolution teams.
Mitchell provides clients with well-founded and reliable legal advice, whilst drawing on his extensive experience to ensure that he achieves the best commercial outcome for his clients.
Mitchell assists Mark and Andrew in advising bodies corporate in relation to:
- Disputes with bodies corporate and lot owners;
- Disputes between bodies corporate and service contractors;
- By-law enforcement;
- Adjudication applications;
- Levy recovery; and
- By-law drafting and review.
Mitchell also assists Andrew in Active Law’s commercial litigation and dispute resolution team. Mitchell regularly advises corporate and commercial clients in relation to:
- Contract disputes;
- Leasing disputes;
- Debt collection; and
- Other general commercial disputes.
Prior to his admission as a legal practitioner, Mitchell worked in several different industries, including the construction industry as a labourer in central Queensland, the hospitality industry and has even taught children to swim. Mitchell is a passionate sportsman and still enjoys playing for his local rugby team on the weekend.
- Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Psychological Science from Griffith University
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the College of Law
- Admitted as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Admitted as a legal practitioner of the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Queensland Law Society.