Mitchell was admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia in 2016.
Mitchell has joined Active Law as a back-end litigation lawyer with expertise in a variety of legal disciplines. Mitchell provides his clients with well-founded and reliable legal advice, whilst drawing on his extensive experience to ensure that he achieves the best commercial outcome for his clients, regardless of the circumstances.
Mitchell comes from a boutique law firm that specialised in resolving litigious matters across a range of legal fields and has experience in both state and federal courts. During his time at the firm, Mitchell acted for a wide-ranging clientele, including large corporations, low-income and high-wealth individuals, sole traders and former and current members of the Australian Defence Force.
Mitchell can assist his clients in relation to a variety of dispute resolution and commercial litigation areas, including, but not limited to:
- Contract disputes;
- Lease disputes;
- Body Corporate disputes;
- Debt collections;
- Industrial relations and employment disputes;
- Disputes with the Australian Taxation Office; and
- General commercial disputes.
Prior to his admission as a legal practitioner, Mitchell worked in several different industries, including the construction industry as a labourer in central Queensland, the hospitality industry and has even taught children to swim. Mitchell is a passionate sportsman and still enjoys playing for his local rugby team on the weekend.
Mitchell utilises the practical skills he has learnt during his time both in the construction and hospitality industry and the expertise he has mastered after his admission as a legal practitioner to ensure that he provides clear, concise and pragmatic legal advice to his clients.
- Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Psychological Science from Griffith University
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the College of Law
- Admitted as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Admitted as a legal practitioner of the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Queensland Law Society.