Brendan Cole is an experienced construction lawyer & commercial litigator who specialises in advising and representing clients operating in the building and construction industry.
Brendan has over 15 years’ post qualification experience servicing the building and construction industry. Prior to joining Active Law, Brendan was a senior in-house lawyer at the Queensland Building and Construction Commission for 10 years where he obtained extensive experience in proceedings for review of administrative decisions of the Commission about matters including—
- contractor licensing;
- entitlement to access the QBCC Home Warranty Scheme;
- disciplinary action against licensees and building certifiers;
- complaints of defective building work.
Managing the Commission’s non-conforming building products unit for two years also provided Brendan with in-depth knowledge of the regulatory responsibilities for building products supplied and used in Queensland.
Prior to joining the Commission Brendan practised in specialist building and construction firms where he gained extensively experience in domestic and commercial building disputes, expert determination and adjudication under security of payment legislation.
Brendan has assisted principals, head contractors, subcontractors, professional services providers and suppliers and owners. Brendan is able to quickly gain an understanding of the facts and circumstances affecting a client and find the most efficient strategy to achieve the client’s objectives. Brendan adopts a collaborative approach to work with his clients to ensure the service they receive evolves to best meet their changing needs and the relevant circumstances.
A specialised construction lawyer experienced in:
- building and construction disputes;
- understanding and negotiation of contracts/subcontracts;
- contract advice;
- dispute resolution such as arbitration, mediation and expert determination; and
- preparation of payment claims, adjudication applications, payment schedules and adjudication responses under security of payment legislation.
- Queensland Law Society
- Building Dispute Practitioners Society
- Master of Laws
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
Please feel free to contact Brendan on firstname.lastname@example.org or ph 3160 0000 if you would like to discuss any matter with him.